Doggiebreeds.com – Keeping dog has happened since long time ago. There is still indefinite information about dog domesticated period. Nowadays, you find many breeds with different characteristic and traits. There are some dog breeds that do not shed which are useful for people with high allergy issue.
Some dogs have less hair which means they do not shed much in your arm or sofa when sitting together. One advantage of this dog is less maintenance that’s suitable for beginners or kids. The next section will explore more about breeds with less shed.
- Length: Scottish Terrier: 11 in.
- Lifespan: Yorkshire Terrier: 10 – 16 years
- Height: Yorkshire Terrier: 6.5 in., Bull Terrier: 18 – 22 in.
- Mass: Bull Terrier: 49 – 84 lbs, Jack Russell Terrier: 14 – 18 lbs
Terrier is friendly dog for children or elderly. Loyalty, playful, and cute dog face are the reasons to keep this dog at home. Terrier consists of several sub-breeds which are less capable to shed. They are Tibetan and Maltese. Tibetian is definitely one of dog breeds that do not shed due to natural trait. Meanwhile, Maltese terrier is also capable to keep the hair without losing immediately. Terrier is dog with heavy hair, but less shed.
Other terriers are Kerry blue and west highland. Both of them have heavy hair. However, you do not need to worry about shed. These dogs are small and people like to keep at home for companion. In past time, terrier was guarding dog at warehouse or house. Small figure did not mean less capable to handle such job. Moreover, terrier comes in handy for hunting, though dog owners do not use them anymore for such purpose.
- Lifespan: English Cocker Spaniel: 11 – 12 years
- Height: English Cocker Spaniel: 15 – 16 in.
- Mass: English Cocker Spaniel: 29 – 32 lbs
As similar to terrier, spaniel is good dog when you need the breed that does not shed. Small figure with fluffy hair does not increase the maintenance cost. Water Irish spaniel is good option for dog breeds that do not shed due to water repellant capability.
- Hypoallergenic: Yes
- Life span: 12 – 15 years
- Height: Toy Poodle: 9.4 – 11 in., Miniature Poodle: 11 – 14 in., Standard Poodle: 18 – 24 in., Medium Poodle: 14 – 18 in.
- Temperament: Intelligent, Trainable, Faithful, Instinctual, Alert, Active
- Colors: Apricot, Black, White, Black & Tan, Cream, Black & White, Red, Silver, Blue, Brown, Grey, Sable
- Origin: Germany, France
Poodle is one of popular dogs when you want fun and cute things. Fluffy hair with elegant figure makes this breed is categorized as lovely creature for dog owner. People like to have big dog for guarding, but poodle is your favorite to play at park. It still has aggressive and active traits, though not as much as big breeds. It is part of types of dogs that do not shed.
Dog comes from pure and hybrid breeds. Each of them has different traits and you need to obtain more information before ready to keep them at home. Dog breeds that do not shed list above are good consideration for beginners in order to enjoy keeping the dog at home.