Doggiebreeds.com – In this article, we are going to talk about the list of the most expensive dog breed. Even though some dog breeds are in high price, they are not actually for any purchasing. Since dogs are considered as human best friend, they are adopted instead of purchased.
Dogs are valued in high price due to several reasons. The main reason is related to its bloodline. How easy the dogs can be trained is also affecting the price of the dog as well.
- Hypoallergenic: Yes
- Life span: 12 – 14 years
- Temperament: Playful, Intelligent, Happy, Friendly, Active, Familial
- Origin: Germany, France
- Height: Female: 12–13 inches (30–33 cm), Male: 13–14 inches (33–36 cm)
- Weight: Female: 8.8–13 lbs (4–6 kg), Male: 11–18 lbs (5–8 kg)
Rarity is also important factor that causes the dog price is extremely high. One of the most rare dog breeds is called as Lӧwchens. Well known as little lions, this dog breed originally belongs to the renaissance noblemen.
It often shows up in the renaissance painting as well. The bloodline of this canine breed is extremely rare these days. Due to its rarity, the dog is valued at $10,000. No wonder that it is classified as the most expensive dog breed.
- Hypoallergenic: Yes
- Life span: 12 – 13 years
- Temperament: Playful, Stubborn, Lively, Friendly, Alert, Sociable
- Height: Female: 19–21 inches (48–53 cm), Male: 21–24 inches (53–60 cm)
- Weight: Female: 35–45 lbs (16–20 kg), Male: 45–66 lbs (20–30 kg)
- Colors: White, Cream, White & Biscuit
When talking about the most expensive dog breed in 2020, you should also mention about Samoyed dog breed. It gets its name from Samoyedic people who reside in Siberia.
The bloodline for this dog breed comes from reindeer herders. It is also utilized to help human pulling their sleds on the snow biomes. Samoyed is also famous due to its fluffy fur. Aside from being good at pulling sled, it also has playful nature as well. You need to prepare up to $8,000 to adopt a Samoyed.
Next dog breed categorized into as the most expensive dog breed is Tibetan Mastiff. As you might already guess, this dog breed is originated from Tibet. However, it can also be found in nearby countries such as Nepal and China.
This dog breed is famous due to its gigantic size and protective nature. Nomadic tribe of Himachal Pradesh utilizes it to protect their sheep. You need to expect paying up to $7,000 for a Tibetan Mastiff.
- Life span: 11 – 14 years
- Origin: Malta
- Temperament: Playful, Affectionate, Intelligent, Trainable, Sociable, Active
- Colors: Rich Tan, Tan, Red Golden, Chestnut
- Height: Female: 21–24 inches (53–61 cm), Male: 22–25 inches (55–63 cm)
- Weight: Female: 40–60 lbs (18–27 kg), Male: 40–60 lbs (18–27 kg)
Pharaoh hound is also part of this list. Its name has nothing to do with the Egyptian history. In fact, this particular dog breed comes from Maltese. Local people prefer to call it as Kelb tal-Fenek.
It is originally used to help local people hunting for rabbit. It is categorized as the expensive dog breed due to its royal appearance. The athletic body proportion possessed by this dog breed makes the price of it reach up to $6,500.
Well, you can choose the most expensive dog breed in the list above. Remember that knowing their characteristics is important matter. Make sure you choose the best dog which will be your partner of life.