Doggiebreeds.com – Big dog is often considered as a watchdog, its size is perfect to be trained as protectors and hunters. Many biggest breed of dog can be found as a guard dog. There are no specific criteria on what height and weight a dog can be categorized as a big dog. However, some people categorize giant dog breed as those who have more than 100 pounds weight.
If you’re a fan of big dogs and are looking to adopt one, you might find this article useful, for we will provide some type of biggest breed dog you will love.
Biggest Breed of Dog as Family Friend
- Life span: 10 – 12 years
- Origin: England
- Height: Female: 28–36 inches (70–91 cm), Male: 28–36 inches (70–91 cm)
- Weight: Female: 120–170 lbs (54–77 kg), Male: 160–230 lbs (73–100 kg)
- Temperament: Affectionate, Courageous, Protective, Good-natured, Dignified, Calm
- Colors: Brindle, Fawn, Apricot
English mastiff, commonly known just as mastiff is a giant muscular dog. It tends to be quieter than most of its kind, but when it comes to defending its family or territory, mastiff are reliable though still categorized as a silent guard dog than a barker. It is perfect for a family who loves tranquility in their house while still maintaining security with the biggest breed of dog friend.
You may also like : Top 3 Dog Breeds That Do Not Shed for Your Reference
- Life span: 6 – 8 years
- Origin: Germany
- Height: Female: 28–32 inches (71–81 cm), Male: 30–34 inches (76–86 cm)
- Temperament: Devoted, Reserved, Loving, Gentle, Friendly, Confident
- Colors: Black, Brindle, Fawn, Mantle, Blue, Harlequin
- Weight: Female: 99–130 lbs (45–59 kg), Male: 120–200 lbs (54–90 kg)
Great Dane is one of the biggest breed of dog you can consider to buy. The body is powerful and tends to be taller than most giant dog. Great Dane is known to be patient with children, so if you have children but still would love to take care of a giant dog, you can go with Great Dane. It is dependable, courageous and a good guard dog. But, you have to make sure that it knows you’re the leader. Well, it will know when to obey you so the relationships between you and your dog will succeed.
- Hypoallergenic: No
- Life span: 8 – 10 years
- Mass: 140 – 260 lbs
- Temperament: Lively, Gentle, Friendly, Watchful, Calm
- Height: Male: 28–35 inches (70–90 cm), Female: 26–31 inches (65–80 cm)
- Origin: Switzerland, Italy, France
St. Bernard is a dog breed which was popular particularly in Italy and Swiss Alps. It can grow up to 90 cm tall and weigh to 120 kg. Its life span ranges from eight to ten years. They are known as a kind company with children. It can be categorized as a giant dog breed representative species. They are gentle and relatively easy to train. Much as Great Dane, you need to be sure that St. Bernard understand that you’re his master, to make sure it doesn’t jump over you or your children for it might be dangerous.
Those are three type of biggest dog breed you may consider to adopt. Each dog has their own uniqueness and therefore you might want to buy or adopt one that will suit you and your family condition best. There are many kind of biggest breed of dog you can find in the pet store, so be sure you check the store out by yourself to find out.